Before responding to this job advertisement, please ensure that you have the correct ‘right to work’ in the UK.
As an agency we cannot sponsor visa’s so any CVs sent without the correct ‘right to work’ or CVs sent from a ‘WHO Red Listed Country’ will be deleted without response
Are you looking for a new job opportunity in either the NHS or Private Sectors? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Pertemps Medical Professionals are sourcing Registered Mental Health ward managers for our clients based in and around the Goodmayes, Essex region with new roles, covering days, nights and weekends for clients we have in the NHS. If you would like to travel further afield, we have numerous locations available nationwide.
As one of the UK's leading NHS Framework supply agencies and approved suppliers to all the major Hospital Groups, we have an unprecedented selection of Nursing roles available for immediate start.
What staffing groups do we require?
RMN’s, CPN’s CAMHS Practitioners
- Registered RMN
- Ward Managers
- Ward Based
- 1:1 shifts
- Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Many other specialties
Deputy Ward Manager / Clinical Lead
TEAM: ARD New Acute Ward (SWAT)
WORKING HOURS: Shift working pattern, days and nights, weekends
DURATION: 3 months
RESPONSIBILITIES: A minimum of one years’ experience working as a Nurse
- To act as a leader and role model to the nursing team on a shift basis under the guidance of the Ward Manager.
- Complete clinical audit and contribute to the governance processes.
- To deputise for the Ward Manager in their absence to include chairing meetings and undertaking management roles.
- To manage the HR systems of the Ward including staffing, sickness, performance related issues, annual leave reporting this by exception to the Ward Manager.
- To provide clinical and safeguarding supervision (upon completion of training) and Mentor junior staff and students.
-To complete 5 days of Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression course which is yearly updated and implement in practice as required.
-To work shifts over a 365 day a year basis including night duty
-To undertake assessment of client’s needs and support nurses in formulating appropriate individual care plans taking on a holistic approach.
- Ensure that relatives and carers of service user and feel able to communicate effectively with the clinical area to answer any queries or concerns.
-Take steps to maintain the safety and welfare of staff, patients and to the ward.
-Work alongside service users and carers/relatives to continually work towards improving and maintaining high standards.
SKILLS/EXP REQUIRED: Appropriate IT skills to ensure accurate documentation and communication around a service E35 care.
-a minimum of one year’s experience working as a Nurse
-experience of working in a leadership role
-experience of working within an inpatient mental health ward in
Job Role Requirements
- You must have Right to Work in the UK
- Minimum 6 months experience
- NMC registration (for all qualified staff where applicable)
- Must have the willingness to contribute to the department and interact with busy teams
- Able to work a variety of shift patterns
- London and the Home Counties including - Essex-Surrey-Hertfordshire-Buckinghamshire-Middlesex
- The Northwest including : Manchester-Liverpool-Blackpool-Cheshire-Blackburn-Bolton-Morecambe
- East and West Midlands (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire)
- Herford and Worcestershire
- Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedfordshire
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- South Coast Regions including Sussex-Brighton-Hove-Horsham
- Bristol, Avon and Wiltshire
Why you should become part of the Pertemps family:
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please call Patrice, James or Scott on 0203 2255 999 option 1 or alternatively respond and submit your CV through this job post.
- Fast track registration
- Your own dedicated recruitment consultant
- Generous referral scheme
- Flexible work options
- Choice of short -term or long-term assignments
- Great selection of Permanent roles
- Assistance with arranging accommodation.
- Ongoing support with CPD, Revalidation and Mandatory Training