HCA/Support Worker LINES OF WORK AVAILABLE!!!!
Do you have 6 Months Experience or a Care Certificate, if so, read on. If you do not have any Healthcare Experience within the UK, your application will be rejected without reading.
In addition, before responding to this job advertisement, please ensure that you have the correct ‘right to work’ in the UK. As an agency, we cannot sponsor visa’s so any CVs sent without the correct ‘right to work’ or CVs sent from a ‘WHO Red Listed Country’ will be deleted without response.
Pertemps Medical Professionals is lucky enough to be one of the select few agencies to be offered this role based in Harwich, CO12.
We are looking for experienced support workers for a children’s residential setting, For the successful candidate(s) this may lead onto a substantive role which would bring all the benefits of working within a large organisation.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please call Patrice, James or Scott on 0203 2255 999 option 1 or alternatively respond and submit your CV through this job post.
- To complete in-depth induction training and all mandatory training, including safeguarding modules
- To follow policies and procedures, including those concerning the health and safety of yourself and others
- Provide support to individual young people with complex health, physical and learning needs within the children’s home
- To attend to the day-to-day needs of the young people and support them to access and participate in a variety of activities, including in the evenings and weekends
- To provide high-quality personal care and promote opportunities for independence
- To encourage our young people to socialise and be included and help them reach their own personal outcomes
- To understand the young person’s communication needs
- To produce a safe and stimulating environment for young people
- To promote the health and well-being of the young people
- To attend and actively participate in handover meetings and key worker meetings and liaise with colleagues and management.
- To complete key worker activities and responsibilities with individual key young people in the children’s home, including those on short breaks
- Work alongside external agencies and professionals i.e. social workers, families and health care professionals
- To keep accurate records and report on the young people you work with, providing effective communication between the home and school and with outside agencies involved with the young people in a professional context.
- To maintain effective contact with parents and guardians of our young people, ensuring appropriate information is passed on efficiently.
- To be reliable and flexible, using your initiative when making decisions
- To attend all relevant training provided by the organisation for you to provide safe practice.
- To maintain a high standard of tidiness within the home
- To undertake sleeping in duties
- To report to management, and to perform as requested by a senior member of staff, including additional duties commensurate with the post
- To be proactive in assessing and reporting risk